Tulip Sausage Rollswith Puff Pastry
- 20 min
- 4 persons
- 1 can Tulip Vienna Sausages
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 oz guava paste
- 2 oz water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F or 180 °C.
- Drain the Tulip sausages.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages until golden and set aside.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into smaller pieces – each piece must have the width of a cocktail sausage and be long enough to wrap around the cocktail sausage and stick to the puff pastry.
- Spread cream cheese on one end of the puff pastry – but keep the edges free of cream cheese. Add a cocktail sausage and roll. Make sure to seal the edges so the sausage roll won’t open.
Tip: Brush down one side of the puff pastry with egg wash to make it easier to seal the edges.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the puff pastry sheet and sausages.
- Brush the top of each roll with an egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Blend the guava paste with water until it forms a sauce.
- Serve as a dip for the sausage rolls.
Swaps and substitutions
If you fancy more flavor, you can add your favorite herbs, spices, and flavorings to the cream cheese. Chili and oregano are a great flavor combo to combine with savory sausage.
Give the sausage rolls a more hotdog-like touch by serving them with ketchup and mustard instead of cream cheese and guava paste. This version will surely also be a crowd-pleaser.